Wednesday, October 29, 2008

be my song

i'm not thinking about forever,
i may not even want forever,
but just for tonight
you be romeo and i'll be juliet,
lets live like a song, Etta James please
i want a dream to speak to,
and a thrill i can press my cheek to,
name the place, i'll be there.
just stand by me in the moonlight,
catch me when my balance slides.
my love,
after time- i'll Need your love.
your touch is "like the rush of the wind"
i could sail with it everyday,
at least through the night.
just like The Monkees
i'm a believer,
at least.... for tonight.
take me as i am, Brooks said that may mean
you'll have to be a better man.
after tonight maybe,
maybe
i'll be ready to jump from the highest swing.
lucky you, i am already back from my soul vacation.
in the morning, if you still love me...
my heart will stay behind when i leave.

No comments: