Thursday, November 20, 2008

So glad I gave her my email

aannmason wrote:

Just came from top of barn
Mind full of memories.
The loft always makes me feel alive when it is full of hay
and on a brisk day........
Probably five- in my Grandfather Brubaker's big red barn
chasing baby kittens in the piles of hay and peering down on huge cows
and smelly momma pigs with sucking piglets.
I can close my eyes and see the barn in flames...
Fifteen- the shed on Fuller street full of hay. Learning to smoke.
Best friend Carol, Eddie and Griff.
Rainy day in Big Point, new barn,
all of us sitting in loft waiting for the rain to stop...forty three and pregnant.
Fifty with a barn full of hay and a romantic place to get away.
Now just a grand spot to watch back field, be alone and read a book.
Come home and enjoy.
Her next email: "About now you are thinking Darn, why did I give her an email ...sorry. Just got my new Paolo and Amos cds"

No comments: